- Course Modality Definitions
- Terms Withdrawals / Intermission
Undergraduate Moody Bible Institute - Distance Learning
For undergraduate general questions or registration assistance, please contact the Student Resource Assistants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-758-6352.
To access the online course schedules, click here.
Transfer and Test Credits
In order to receive general studies transfer credit the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Accredited – Credit must be earned through a regionally-accredited college and submitted on an official transcript
- College-Level – Credit must be college-level (usually numbered 100 or higher)
- “C” or above – Credit earned within the last 15 years with a grade of “C” or above
- “B” or above – Credit earned within the last 30 years with a grade of “B” or above
- (pass/fail courses and credits earned over 30 years will not transfer)
- 75% – The combined total of all transfer credits cannot exceed 75% of an MBI program
- Equivalent – Coursework must be equivalent to MBI requirements in content and credit hours (example: 4.5 quarter hours = 3 semester hours)
Transfer Credit for Bachelor of Science in Integrated Ministry Studies
There is no time limit for transfer credits into the Bachelor of Science in Integrated Ministry Studies program, provided a grade of C or better was earned on the original course. This program is also exempt from the 75% transfer credit limit and the 25% test credit limit.
All other academic credit policies still apply.
Informational Sheets and Forms:
- Academic Discipline List
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Change of Program
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Course Equivalencies: MBI-Chicago to MBI-DL | MBI-DL to MBI-Chicago
- General Studies Transfer Credit
- Bachelor of Science in Integrated Ministry Studies Transfer Guidelines
Change of Program
Undergraduate Distance Learning students may request a change of program or concentration using the Change of Program form. If approved, a student's program requirements will change to the requirements documented in the most current academic catalog, and not all credits may apply.
Distance Learning students who are requesting to change to a Chicago campus program must apply through the Office of Admissions.
Non-degree students must apply through the Office of Admissions to be admitted into a certificate or degree program.
Academic Requirements Report
An Academic Requirements Report is a tool that allows a student to track their academic progress toward the completion of their program.
To access the academic advisement report:
- Log in to my.moody.edu using your Moody username and password
- Click on Student center located under the Academic Self-service bar
- Click on the Other Academics drop down menu located under the Academics bar.
- Choose Academic Requirements and click the blue arrow to the right of the drop down menu