- Commencement 2020 FAQ
- Terms Withdrawals / Intermission
Moody Bible Institute - Chicago
Transfer and Test Credits
Courses being considered for transfer credit must meet the following criteria:
- Accredited – Credit must be earned through a regionally-accredited college and submitted on an official transcript
- College-Level – Credit must be college-level (usually numbered 100 or higher)
- “C” or above – Credit earned within the last 10 years with a grade of “C” or above (pass/failcourses and credits earned over 10 years will not transfer)
- 75% – The combined total of all transfer credits cannot exceed 75% of an MBI program
- Equivalent – Coursework must be equivalent to MBI requirements in content and credit hours (example: 4.5 quarter hours = 3 semester hours)
*A student's expected graduation term is considered for every 15 credits transferred. For questions on your financial aid eligibility, contact Financial Aid.
Informational and Guideline Sheets
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Foreign Language Exam (BYU) Proctor sheet
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- General Studies Transfer Credit
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
Change of Major
Students may request a change of program, major, or emphasis using the Change of Program Form. Students are not permitted to request changes once they have attained junior or senior status. Requests must receive program head approval. If approved, a student’s program requirements will change to the requirements documented in the most current academic catalog, and not all credits may apply. Change of programs are subject to the review and approval of the registrar.
Academic Requirements Report
An Academic Requirements Report is a tool that allows a student to track their academic progress toward the completion of their program.
To access the academic requirements report:
- Log in to my.moody.edu using your Moody username and password
- Click on Student center located under the Academic Self-service bar
- Click on the Other Academics drop down menu located under the Academics bar.
- Choose Academic Requirements and click the blue arrow to the right of the drop down menu
Expected Graduation Date
Chicago campus students are assigned an expected graduation date based on the degree Program Plans. Students are allotted eight semesters (fall and spring) to complete the BA degree or ten semesters (fall and spring) to complete the BMus degree. For every 15 applicable transfer or previously earned credits, students will receive one less fall or spring semester to complete their degree.
You need to enroll in at least 14 – 18 credit hours each semester in order to meet your expected graduation date.
Please contact your academic advisor if you plan to graduate earlier than your expected graduation date. Your academic advisor will assist you with creating a plan to fulfill all prerequisites and program requirements by your new graduation date.