- Commencement 2020 FAQ
- Terms Withdrawals / Intermission
Undergraduate - Distance Learning
Students are responsible to contact the Office of Academic Records prior to their final semester if they plan to graduate. The Office of Academic Records will also contact prospective graduates in their final semester with important graduation information.
If you have questions about your expected graduation date, please contact your Academic Advisor.
Prospective graduates must complete the following Graduation Process in their final semester:
1. Enroll in All Remaining Requirements.
Prospective graduates must enroll in all their remaining requirements prior to the start of their final semester.
2. Submit Outstanding Transcripts and Test Scores.
Prospective graduates who plan to fulfill any of their remaining requirements through transfer or test credits must also submit all official transcripts and test scores prior to the start of their final semester.
3. Submit the Application for Graduation.
Prospective graduates must complete an Application for Graduation in the semester that they intend to graduate. Students who are on track to graduate will receive the Application for Graduation in their final semester from the Office of Academic Records.
4. Complete the Graduation Assessment Course.
Prospective graduates must successfully the Graduation Assessment Course in order to graduate. Students will be enrolled in the Graduation Assessment Course when their Application for Graduation is approved.
5. Pay the Graduation Fee.
Prospective graduates must pay the $125 Graduation fee regardless of their intent or eligibility to participate in Commencement.This fee pays for the final audit of their degree and the processing, printing, packaging, and shipping of their diploma.
6. Optional: Participate in the May Commencement Ceremony.
See “Commencement Eligibility” for more information.
Prospective graduates must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete all academic program requirements.
- Submit transcripts or test scores, if applicable, prior to the start of the student’s final semester.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.
- Demonstrate a commendable spiritual life and Christian character and display approved conduct in accordance with Moody’s guidelines.
- Complete the following Graduate Assessment requirements:
- One-page graduation essay.
- Signed Moody’s doctrinal statement and questionnaire.
- New pastoral reference verifying good standing in a local, evangelical Protestant church.
- Be approved to graduate by the Office of Academic Records and the Undergraduate Faculty.
Students who have applied for graduation and do not complete all requirements:
- Will not graduate or be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Must notify the Office of Academic Records of their new graduation date and plan to complete their remaining requirements.
- Must reapply for graduation and repay the graduation fee in the semester they complete all graduation requirements.
Failure to follow this process will result in program discontinuation.
In order to be eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremony, students must complete the Graduation Process and be actively enrolled in all required coursework by the given deadline. If at any point a student is no longer on track to meet the Graduation Requirements, commencement eligibility will be revoked. MDL students will note their intent to participate in Commencement on their Application for Graduation.
For additional information and instructions regarding Graduation and Commencement, contact the Office of Academic Records, or visit https://www.moody.edu/commencement/.
After the above Graduation Requirements have been completed and posted to official records, students are graduated and diplomas are mailed. Students should receive their diploma 3-6 weeks after their graduation. Students who participate in Commencement in May will receive a diploma cover during the graduation ceremony. Students who have a hold on their account may be prevented from receiving their diploma.