Frequently Asked Questions

The Office of Academic Records is here to assist you in meeting your academic goals by providing you with the following resources:

  1. Academic Advising (including the evaluation of all transfer credits, AP/CLEP scores, and assisting you in mapping out your academic progress)
  2. Support Services (including letters of verification of full-time enrollment and assistance with class registrations)

We understand that you have many questions about what you may encounter as you begin your academic experience. We encourage you to review what we find to be the most commonly asked questions by incoming students:

How do I know what transferred?

You can view your transfer credits through your Student Center portal ( ). Under "my academics" click on the drop-down box.  Choose either "course history" or "transfer credit report," then click on the arrow button.  Under course history, this will be indicated with "TR" (or AP for Advanced Placement or CLE for CLEP) and an arrow symbol.  On the transfer credit report, you will see the completed course on the left side of the chart, and the equivalent Moody course on the right side.  For AP/CLEP, look under "Test Credits."

How many tuition-paid semesters can I have?   

Every 15 hours of transfer or previously-earned MBI credit will reduce your paid tuition allotment in Chicago by one semester. You need to enroll in at least 14 - 18 credit hours each semester in order to meet your expected graduation date.


 Number of Transfer/Previously Earned

MBI Credits

 Number of Semesters

(Bachelor of Arts)

Number of Semesters

(Bachelor of Music)

1-14 hours



15-29 hours



30-44 hours



45-59 hours



60-74 hours



75-89 hours




What if I need more or less time to complete my degree? 

If you plan to graduate early or later than your assigned graduation date, please email and request your graduation date to be changed.  Keep in mind if you stay at Moody longer than your paid tuition semester allotment you will be responsible for paying tuition for each additional semester.  If you plan on graduating before your assigned graduation date and do not notify Academic Records Advising the semester before you want to graduate, you may not be approved to graduate early.

What if I have additional credits coming?

Please make sure to have all final college transcripts, CLEP, and/or AP scores sent to*:

          Academic Advising/Academic Records Office

          Moody Bible Institute

          820 N. LaSalle Blvd.

          Chicago, IL  60610

*Final transcripts must be submitted MBI at least two semester prior to degree completion

Contact Us