- Commencement FAQ
- Terms Withdrawals / Intermission
MTS & MBI-DL Graduate School
It is the responsibility of all students to contact the Office of Academic Records if they are planning to graduate. The Office of Academic Records will contact all students who are enrolled in their final requirements with the application for graduation.
Failure to submit the application for graduation or complete all program requirements will delay graduation to the subsequent semester.
Prospective graduates must complete the following Graduation Process in their final semester:
1. Enroll in All Remaining Requirements.
Prospective graduates must enroll in all their remaining requirements prior to the start of their final semester.
2. Submit the Application for Graduation.
Prospective graduates must complete an Application for Graduation in the semester that they intend to graduate. Students who are on track to graduate will receive the Application for Graduation in their final semester from the Office of Academic Records.
3. Complete all program specific graduation requirements.
See below for the program specific requirements.
4. Pay the Graduation Fee.
Prospective graduates must pay the $125 Graduation fee regardless of their intent to participate in Commencement. This fee pays for the final audit of their degree and the processing, printing, packaging, and shipping of their diploma.
5. Optional: Participate in the May Commencement Ceremony.
See below for commencement eligibility information.
Students who have applied for graduation and do not complete all requirements:
- Will not graduate or be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Must notify the Office of Academic Records of their new graduation date and plan to complete their remaining requirements.
- Must reapply for graduation and repay the graduation fee in the semester they complete all graduation requirements.
Failure to follow this process will result in program discontinuation.
Prospective graduates must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete all academic program requirements, including program specific requirements below.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Submit the application for graduation
- Sign a statement of agreement with Moody’s doctrinal position (on application for graduation)
- Be approved to graduate by the Office of Academic Records and graduate faculty
Program Specific Graduation Requirements
Moody Theological Seminary
- Exit interview
- Completed with program head in final semester
- Not required for certificate students
- Only required for MA-CP and MA-CMHC students
Moody Bible Institute- Distance Learning Graduate School
- Updated pastoral reference
- Reference form will be emailed to students with application for graduation.
In order to be eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremony, students must complete the Graduation Process and be actively enrolled in all required coursework by the given deadline. Students are permitted to participate if they are enrolled in their remaining courses (up to 6 credits) in the summer semester following commencement. If at any point a student is no longer on track to meet the Graduation Requirements, commencement eligibility will be revoked.
After the above Graduation Requirements have been completed and posted to official records, students are graduated and diplomas are mailed. Students should receive their diploma 3-6 weeks after their graduation. Students who participate in Commencement in May will receive a diploma cover during the graduation ceremony. Students who have a hold on their account may be prevented from receiving their diploma.